Saturday 19 July 2014

My Black List

I believe the color black is a pliant color. It can stand for power as well as fear, for mystery as well as strength, for elegance and at the same time for aggression.

Among all the emotions the color BLACK can bring about, I believe Black is Brilliant. Here is a list of 5 Black items that I wish for, in that order- 


1A BLACK AIRPLAY SPEAKER-  Because Black is the silence that music creates.

Google Images


Feature this. You are sitting comfortably, wrapped up in your sheets with a cuppa coffee, you've just had an amazing hot-water bath, it's raining outside. There are four of these bumper Airplay Speakers in your room- one for each corner. You play "Yellow" by Coldplay on your playlist and the song echos in the room from every side. Is that not the most relaxing feeling EVER? These speakers increase the music experience manifold. I would never want to leave my room if I had these black speakers in there with me! 


2) BLACK BALLOONS- Because Black is Elegant

Google Images

Black Balloons have a different edge to them, don't they? I love the juicy and wobbly texture of black balloons. The red and the white balloons are way too cliche now. Let us bring elegance to parties with black balloons doing the rounds! 


3. BLACK HORSES- Because Black is power

 

Ever since I read the timeless Classic 'Black Beauty' by Anna Sewel, I've wanted a Black Horse for myself. Sadly, my family owns no farm house on a random hill station in the Himalayas and therefore, however desperately I wish for one, these beauties are never at my disposal. I'd love to own a black horse (a family of black horses? SURE!) at my cattle ranch on the foothills of Himalayas one day. Oh that elevating feeling when I'd be riding on my beauty, it's smooth skin rustling beneath me, my hair swaying in the air and cool breeze washing over my face! What's more, I'd prefer my dulha also on a black horse in the moonlight (Guys, take note).


4) A BLACK VINTAGE CAR-  Because Black is Sexy




See it? Do you see this beauty?!
I have fallen for the sexy curves of this 1962 Shelby Cobra. This re-creation from the original manufacturer is built from scratch and can hit 60 mph in 4.5 sec. But you don't care about that, you just want to be seen driving it! Be ready, one of these days you might see me and my girls, all in curls, black shades adorned, riding this vintage charmer through highways across the country. Well, that's the reason you'd buy it, or not? Look out, I'm wishing on this one hard!


5. A BLACK MORTARBOARD-  Because Black is a Whole New World


    

As far as I can remember being alive, I've been dreaming of wearing a mortarboard and a black gown to stage to collect my graduation certificate and then later throwing the mortarboard and myself in air while being clicked in my last class photograph! I see it happening in movies, I hear about it from cousins abroad, and I dream about carrying it on my head with each passing semester. That's it, I want to graduate right now only for the sake of this black Square Academic Cap! Alas, I've chosen a long five-year course for my graduation and I just started with my 3rd year, only. Way to go!


So these were the 5 black items of my wish list. Tell me about yours. :)


This post is a part of #WhatTheBlack activity at BlogAdda.com

22 comments:

  1. Interesting black desires with valid reasons, here is my list Black Is Beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice list, Soumyaa.
    I got a chance for the #5. Ready to have more items under our belt :)
    Best wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your list is certainly the most unique I've come across. Great choices.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, and thank you so much. I see the connection you have with this post, Black Beauty ;)

      Delete
  4. dis made me smile :D especially last point abt graduation :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Told you, I'm gonna get it anyhow. Even if my college doesn't hold the ceremony ;)

      Delete
  5. Great list! I like that vintage car!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. black is underrated. couldn't have given black this kind of justice. very well put together. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Vintage car and horse...awesome.i liked it.
    I hope you would like my wishlist too.
    http://themightydropofink.blogspot.in/2014/07/i-write-in-black.html?m=1

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes i did like it Prasanth :) Just left a comment

      Delete
  8. The silence that music creates! I love this sentence :).It is actually brilliant. Just this sentence alone sparks a lot of thought process within.
    Black balloons are quite appealing. And about horses, the more I speak the less it is :). Black beauty is my favourite too. Dulha? What made me curious about the Dulha part is not actually the colour of horse but in fact it is the moonlight. Very few people know the speciality of it :). Hmmm I wish you find him soon!
    Ahh that Charmer! That picture has poured life to some of my long forgotten memories! It is awesome! Do you know the specs of that engine? :)
    And that last picture of yours :D. I’m trying to imagine whether how you felt while taking the snap :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was apprehensive at first, but then I did take a snap and posted it. I was hoping nobody comments on it but you are YOU!
      Well, I know the specs of the engine but I can hardly say I know what the specs mean ;)
      Thank you!

      Delete
  9. That Black Mortarboard I tell you nothing gives you more pride than that, I have worn and thrown it up in the air twice in the last ten years, and those were two of the happiest moments of my life:-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We definitely connect there Raksha. I'm waiting for the happiest moment of my life, in that case ;)

      Delete
  10. A unique and interesting post. I liked all the different examples.

    Anisa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Anisa. I read your suggestion, and have implied it :)

      Delete

Please add your reviews here, so I know you stopped by :)